Monday, July 21, 2008

AMERICAN IDOL AUDITIONS!!

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been brought to my attention that American Idol has announced a new venue to hold the Season 8 auditions on July 29th, 2008... at The Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm so excited! And yes, I have decided to try out! Thank you to all those who are supporting me. I have currently done some research and have discovered that out of the thousands and thousands of people that audition from each venue only an average of approximately 24 people will get through to Hollywood!! So why am I trying out you ask? Well, I've decided that even though I may not be a great singer and I'm definitley not the next American Idol, I deserve to have some fun. This has always been something that I've wanted to do. And why not? Why shouldn't I try out? I realize that I may go up there and possibly make a fool out of myself in front of the entire country, but at least I'll be proud of myself for trying. It'll even be an accomplishment to get to audition in front of Randy, Paula and Simon AND to meet Ryan Seacrest, instead of some other random judges, like some will have to do. I love to sing and I hope that this can be something that can get me through to at least Hollywood, even if it's just for a day. lol. Who knows maybe I'll rub shoulders with the REAL next American Idol!!

My friend Leah has decided to go with me and support me. Sienna's making me a big sign and Leah's gonna hold it for her. This will definitely be something to remember. I'll be taking lots of pictures when I'm there, so no worries about that. I can't bring a video camera, but maybe I'll try to record some from my digital camera. (Ha ha! Suckers!) Hopefully I'll get some pics with/of Ryan Seacrest and that beautiful face of his! I haven't decided yet on which main song I want to use, but I do have a few that I'm trying to choose from. (Apparently you're supposed to have like 2 or 3 prepared.) If you have any suggestions PLEASE feel free to comment and share. I'm really excited about the whole process.. ok, maybe not the waiting and I'm sure I'll get annoyed quickly of the weirdos, but other than that I'm sure it'll be fabulous! Cross your fingers for me!!

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Chels I am so glad you are trying out Yea! I like your attitude about it. Have fun with it. You will do great. Just be yourself and enjoy the moment.

I am proud your doing it. That is so AWESOME!!!!

I definately think you need to do a Kelly Clarkson song. She reminds me of you ever time I hear a song by her. It is like your signature.

Good Luck! I wish you the best.

Anonymous said...

I think you'll do great! You have an amazing voice and I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see how it goes. I'm with Jeannie, you sing Kelly Clarkson very well!

Sienna said...

Yay! I'm stoked for you. We really need to sit down and do a song brainstorming session.

And what are you talking about "definitely not the next american idol" I know YOU ARE THE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL!!!!

Oh and I agree his face is beautiful!:)