Sunday, January 27, 2013

Heaven's sweetest angel boy, Graham

Tonight my heart hurts badly for a sweet friend of mine. We met and became great friends last August as each of our sweet babies became neighbors in the Cardiac ICU. We would go to lunch and dinners together with them and their family, we'd check on each other, share our worries and struggles with our babies, and cry on one another. 
I first met her as I was standing out of the way in the hall of the CICU, as doctors and nurses tried to save my daughter's life as she was losing oxygen quickly. My husband had taken a quick trip home to grab some necessities, and I stood there crying alone. She came over and extended a sweet and loving arm to comfort me. She was more of a friend to me in that short amount of time in the hospital than anyone I had known. I don't know how well I would've gotten through those months, if it weren't for her and her beautiful smile and completely contagious laugh. She knows just how to light up a room. 
This morning I received a message saying that Graham had passed away. My heart shattered. It doesn't seem fair. This family deserved him to stay. But sometimes life isn't fair and we learn the most from those moments as much as we may hate it. 
And so, today heaven gained the sweetest angel, her beautiful baby boy Graham. She was there for our hardest struggles, I only wish I could've been there for hers.  I'm hoping and praying that she and her family can find some kind of peace tonight. Graham will forever be remembered and loved.

No comments: