Sunday, October 24, 2010

NO MAN'S LAND!

So, I live in "No Man's Land." I swear, I see my sanity dissipating slowly. I feel confined to a little piece of geographical land that I see myself trading my soul (or rather my time) for, for a shopping center. It doesn't even matter if that shopping center is full of computer parts or mattresses. I just want to be close to something with a city feel. I look out my back window and see palm trees and then... nothing. I live in a complex where our houses are so close together and yet there is SO MUCH space in between everything else outside of the complex. I feel claustrophobic. Which is weird cause there's nothing outside the complex. But, I want to see buildings go up around me and houses around them. I feel like I'm in a fishbowl, with only the same rocks to kick. All I know is I better not die old in this fish bowl. They need to start on something around here and QUICK! And if not, I think I might go crazy. Because driving 20 mins to get to a grocery store is just not going to cut it for me. I'm too used to having everything be so convenient for me. Grocery store in Utah... 5 mins away from my old house. Oh, Utah how I miss you. I miss the people there too. Even though I've only been here about 3 months, they seem much nicer in Utah. Here, not so much. WTF Arizona? You need to step your game up!


2 comments:

Angie said...

I completely feel for you! We moved to a farm where our neighbors are miles away and the nearest city is 30 minutes! Find a hobby and run with it! Good luck and enjoy the warm weather! xoxo Angie Gardner Gilbert

Elise said...

Oh Chels! I'm so sorry. Utah and I miss you too. Come back!