Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'M FREAKIN' ENGAGED!

 I'M ENGAGED!


Yep. That's a true statement. It happened the afternoon after my my most current sleep incident. So, I had a pretty rough start to my day, not to mention a rough day at work too. My sister Sienna wanted to do "girl pictures" over at Nielsen's Grove Park that day as well. I found some relief from that, seeing as it was a Friday and just wanted to be home anyway. So I left when I was scheduled to be off (which rarely happens) and went home to get ready for pictures. It had been gloomy and yucky all day and I wasn't sure if we were still going to do pictures. I got ready anyway, and Sienna called. "Hey, you guys ready yet?" "Almost. Probably another 10 more minutes." "Okay, I'll head over to your house then." When we were all ready, we headed out to the car and it had been snowing and still was... bad. I suggested that instead of Nielsen's Grove, we could maybe go down to the Springville Art Center where it's inside, but still pretty. Sienna said, she thought it'd be fun to get some cool pics in the snow. So, we complied and then we were off. Once we got to Nielsen's Grove, we walked around and finally came to the fountains. I was looking around and I caught something out of the corner of my eye.. I kept on what I was doing but, what I saw was so out of the ordinary. It was a guy. A really good looking guy at that. So, I thought, "What is he doing in the middle of a snow storm without a jacket on, at a park? Is he alone? I mean is anyone with him?" So, I took a second glance and to my surprise it was my handsome boyfriend. He came over and we talked, then he got down on a knee and asked me to marry him. My response? "YES!" It was beautiful. We took pictures (obviously) since the whole "girls pictures" thing was a scam to get me there. It couldn't have been more perfect. So now, I am the soon to be Mrs. Chelsea Nielsen and I am ecstatic about it! We do not have adate set yet, but once we know.. you'll know! :) I also promised pictures, so here you have it! 









































































 












 






























































































6 comments:

JACK!E said...

The ring is just as gorgeous as you are! You two seem to be so happy together

Elise said...

YAY!!! Gorgeous ring! What a cute couple you guys are. Scott proposed to me at Nielsen's Grove as well... so you guys are on a good start to the BEST marriage! I am so happy for you. Love you!

Sienna said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad you were surprised. It's funner that way.

Ari Hill said...

I love that ring and I love the whole story, that will be fun to tell your children about! I'm so happy for you and you look beyond happy!!! Congrats!

Our Family said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!!! You look so happy and in love! I could not be happier for you!!!!

Us said...

Chels, I am so excited for you! CONGRATS!!!! - Kati