Friday, February 19, 2010

Good morning?

I've done it AGAIN!! Acting out my dreams. It's starting to become alarming.
All I know is that I woke up at 6:50AM. I have to be to work at 7AM. So, I rushed to get ready, all the while checking my phone to keep an eye on the time. 6:51AM- getting dressed. 6:53AM- my mom comes into the kitchen as I put donuts in a bag, that I bought for our party at work. She asks what I'm doing and I say, "Oh, we have a work party today. Just putting them in a bag real quick." She says, "You guys sure do party a lot" and walks back into her room. 6:54AM- Out the door. 6:57AM- On the freeway. I started thinking, "Wow, there's not a whole lot of people on the road this morning. Is it a holiday? A lot of government workers?.. It is a Friday. My usual morning radio station isn't talking. Just music. Must be a holiday."  7:01AM- I look over at the parking lot as I wait at the stop light by my work. "That's strange," I thought. "Why is no one here yet? .. Wait a minute..." I shift my eyes over to look at the clock.. 1:01AM.
Yep. I went to work at 1AM. I saw 6:50, 6:51, 6:54, 6:57, and 7:01 the whole time. And not until the trigger of seeing that empty parking lot did I actually wake up and see 1:01AM. Not 12:50-57AM. I laughed as I made a u-turn and headed back home. As I got home, I noticed the lights on downstairs. I walked down to find my mom and brother on the computer. I told them my story and they laughed. My mom said she thought it was strange that I had left, but figured I needed to run to the store for something. Gentry also heard the door slam and thought it was strange. Wondering where someone would be going so late (or so early.) I later thought to myself, "What if I had dreamed that I was going to Arizona to see George? I wonder what the trigger would have been to wake me up and realize that I'm not going to see George in Arizona and that I am in fact, sleeping. I wonder how far I would have gotten. Hmmm..." I think I may need to see a sleep doctor.

No comments: