Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AUDITION DAY for American Idol!!











So American Idol auditions came and went and as you all probably know... I was REJECTED! Ha ha! No big surprise there. But what was a surprise, was what the producers were and (most importantly) were NOT letting through.  As I sat and waited for hours watching each audition, I was surprised to see that what I "thought" they were looking for, such as good-looking, skinny or muscular, and obviously amazing voices, but that wasn't exactly what was getting through.  Don't get me wrong, there were some that were all of those things! But as time pressed forward I was able to stand by and REALLY get a feel for what they were turning down.  There was some AMAZING talent in that arena that was passed up turn by turn. More so than what I saw get through.  I was baffled.  What were they looking for?  My audition came and surprising enough I wasn't too nervous. I didn't get to perform in front of Simon, Randy and Paula. In fact, I had to audition for the producers of the show. If you made it through THEN you would get to audition for Randy, Simon and Paula. My turn finally came and well, I did pretty freaking awesome (if I do say so myself) and yet, I was not what they were looking for.  I was however, told to pursue some voice lessons and come back again when I was a little better.  But, whatever, they probably said that to a lot of people.  No worries. All in all though, it was FUN!! And most importantly, I made myself do it!! It's been something that I have wanted to do since the beginning of American Idol. So, one accomplishment down.... and like a million more to go!  :)






Leah and I at 4:00 AM!!! I actually only got 1 1/2 hrs. of sleep!!!!!!! Don't ask!


Sienna made me a FABULOUS poster! Thanks CC!!








Ok, so these guys were waiting by us, and some-what close to each other in line and the guy in black pulled out his guitar and started playing then the guy in white came over and joined him with his guitar. He also has a harmonica if you can tell... anyway they made some incredible music together. If only they had a demo or something, I would've bought it right then and there!!




We kinda got obsessed with Mr. Hottie Pants in the background when we were waiting in line, so Leah just had to take a picture. Ha! Ha! So great! Oh, and I wanna say this was at like 5 AM.



The guy on the floor of the arena was helping us put together the two songs that we sang for the recording of the A.I. taping: "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "Get Ready."


A BIG thanks to Leah for taking this flattering pic of me while singing our songs! lol.



Leah and I waiting during auditions.


I tried to snap a picture of the constantly moving American Idol logo on the jumbo-tron.


START OF AUDITIONS!!



Do you see what we had to perform in front of?!!!!



Just in case you were wondering... YES, SHE DOES HAVE A FREAKING PUPPET ON HER HAND!!! She was crazy and YES, SHE DID GET A GOLDEN TICKET as you can see!!! What is this?!!!




May I have your attention please! Your Host..... RYAN SEACREST EVERYBODY!!!
I just want everyone to know that he is a REALLY nice guy! He was really fun to record with and he was even getting in trouble cause he was stopping to hug and take pics with everyone when he was supposed to be working! I love you Ryan!!

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Chels,

I am so proud of you.

The FOOLS! There loss.

I think that you tried out is so AWESOME!!!!! I am soooooo Proud of you!

I cannot believe where you had to try out and in front of everyone. I bet the sound was awful in such a big place.

I so wish you would have made it.

But that is such an accomplishment that you tried out. You have talked about it for a long time and now you have experienced it.

You should feel proud of yourself.I sure am. Good job!

:: ashley :: said...

psh to them! you should have made it!

Sienna said...

Chels I am so dang proud of you!! There's NO WAY I could have ever done it! Really, it takes so much for someone to put themselves out there to be so bluntly judged!

I really am so surprised you didn't make it through!! You've got and incredible voice. That's why they didn't tell you "It's not your thing" like they did to those other people! You just must not have brought enough attention to yourself!

Chels way to go! You're A-MA-ZA-ZING!

Angie said...

HEY MY CUTE GIRL! You look so good! I can't believe that I haven't seen you in 4 years and then....there you are! I'm glad that you found me, lets keep in touch!

Ashley said...

Chels, I must admit I'm an idiot. I didn't even know you had a blog! I'm stalking you now so you better update more. I love you lots and I think you have an amazing voice regardelss of whether or not you're on Idol. I wish we could see each other more than like once a year, we're just so stinkin far away. I'll call you if I'm ever down that way and you make sure you call me if you're ever up here ok chicka!

:: ashley :: said...

we are making our blog private, so send me your email at ashleyrosereeves@gmail.com, and we'll send you an invite!